You’ve probably been thinking about changing the interior design and the exterior look of your new home so it fits your preferences. However, a problem arises: the only identification of your house you’ve only planned is using metal numbers that you’ve just purchased from the nearest hardware store.
You need to remember your address is one of the most important indicators for people to locate your residence. Just simply displaying mere numbers as your address would appear too lacking. You need to complete the details so that when visitors would want to come to your home they’d easily identify your house. This means investing in high-quality custom metal letters for displaying your address in your home.
But even if you are just entirely new to your residence, personalized metal numbers are one way to spice up your home’s exterior without having to spend so much on upgrading the outdoor appearance. You can completely transform the overall look of your home even with just a few pieces of house numbers and letters or metal plates.
There may be metal fabrication shops within your neighborhood that can cater to your customized metal requests. Regardless of the type of metal, it is an undeniable fact that metal is indeed considered the most durable and long-lasting material suitable for all your fabrication needs. The numerous advantages it has made it the most preferred material by industries for customization.
To ensure that your house stands out from the rest, incorporate touches of modern and contemporary themes into your house’s overall appearance and surely you’ll be grabbing the attention of your guests.
Here are some of the different variations of metals that are used for sign making:
- Aluminum: A type of metal that is versatile and consists of different finishes such as painted and brushed. Among the other metals, aluminum is cheaper but is still able to maintain qualities similar to the more expensive types of metal.
- Brass: If you’re going for that vintage look for your metal house plate, this is the material you should go for. Brass signage is suitable for several types of finishes such as the brushed satin, oxidized oil rubbed finish, or any type of polished finish. Moreover, the material can withstand almost any external elements and is longer lasting than other materials.
- Bronze: The Bronze Age, the period between the known Stone and the Iron ages, was very prominent in history for it is the time when humans began experimenting with metal. Bronze was discovered by mixing tin and copper which were found in many rocks. Now, bronze has become one of the sought-after metals for fabrication works. It is utilized mainly for creating plaques and plates due to its longevity and sturdiness while giving off a classic and traditional appearance.
- Stainless steel: Another durable metal, stainless steel is resistant to many chemical processes such as corrosion and tarnishing as well as other natural elements like the sun’s heat and unpredictable weather conditions. This metal is low maintenance so you won’t have to worry about making extreme measures for protection. It is also easier to install since it’s lightweight and an environmentally-friendly option compared to other materials.
- Dibond: This is a type of aluminum used commonly for business signs and is created by using painted aluminum sheets around a polyethylene core so that it would contain both lightweight and durable qualities. What makes it preferred by many is that it is much easier to print on the material. So, if you don’t prefer to have letters engraved, you may opt to print the details and place them on the surfaces of the metal Dibond sheets.
Sure, you may choose to attach the metal numbers you bought from your local hardware store on your gate, fence, or on your door, but does it guarantee that these would bring attention to your guests, visitors, or even just the passersby? You have to remember that even with the details of your address, it should be visually appealing enough for everyone to notice and remember your residence. Even just placing an exquisite-looking address plate will have people turning their heads to check the overall appearance of your home.
This is why it is also necessary to check the background of the metal fabrication company you’re going to rely upon for your custom metal numbers or plate. An excellent and credible fabrication company would be able to meet or even exceed your expectations with the output they release. Investing in metalwork would require huge amounts of money, so you need to trust a company that is competent and recommended by many. Furthermore, you have to make sure that you’ve detailed what you want and how you want your signage to look. Ask for expert suggestions and be sure to know the processes involved in developing your signage. A good fabrication company is willing to be open and transparent with its clients too.