Buying a mattress is a long-term investment that can cost you a substantial amount of money. We all spend around one third of our lives sleeping. That is a substantial amount of our time. If you like to lounge in bed on your days off that number might even be a little higher. The point is, if we spend so much time in our beds, we should make sure that it is one of the most comfortable spots in the house.
As with everything else in our lives, we want to be able to buy something that we need at the best price possible. Buying a great mattress at the right price may take some time, but it is within the realms of possibility. Let us go over 7 of the best tips to you help you along your way.
- Research: You will want to spend some time doing research. Check out some websites that describe the types of beds that you can get, as well as what the different firmness ratings mean. They will also give you suggestions for a perfect mattress based on your size, sleeping habits, and your preferred sleeping position.
- Sales: You should always look for the type of mattress that you want that is on sale, or that has some mail in rebates. Sometimes you can even find some coupons online. Go to the websites of the brand names that you are considering and see if they will offer you some money off, or some cash back.
- Online: The world today revolves around online shopping. Mattress shopping is no exception. You can find better deals online if you have the patience to wait for it to be delivered. Always remember, though, that you need to try out a bed before you buy it so find a display model in your local mattress warehouse and try it out on the salesfloor. If it is not comfortable there, you would not be happy with it if you did decide to purchase it.
- Dimensions: Know what your mattress dimensions are before you go shopping. Do not let the salespeople talk you into anything bigger, or smaller, than what you want. Most of the time a step up in size will cost you a little more money, so stay with what you need and hopefully it will be cheaper than what you see.
- Pre-Shop: If you are not in a rush to get a mattress one of the best ways to get a good deal is to shop around before any of the year’s models go on sale. You can bet that they will make room for the new selections coming in so travel around in the spring and find a few options that you like. Wait for them to go on sale and buy them when they do.
- Return Policy: This may not help you save money now, but it can definitely help you save money if the mattress that you are buying is not as comfortable as you thought that it would be. You should always buy from a company that offers a trial period with a full money refund if you are not satisfied within that period of time.
- Haggle: A mattress showroom is just like a car lot. The prices listed on the mattresses in front of you are just the asking price, it does not mean that you cannot get a better price. Never be afraid to haggle the price with the salespeople. The most that they can do is say “no” and take the chance of losing you as a customer.
These 7 tips will help guide you on the way to purchasing a good mattress at a decent price. You need to be careful when travelling around to the mattress warehouses because the people that are selling them will almost certainly try to get you to buy the biggest and most expensive model that they have. Take their advice under advisement but go for the bed that you have already found through your online research. For further reading, why not check out some reliable mattress reviews by Sleepify.