These 19 inspiring lighting ideas are a cheap and easy way to get your backyard or patio beautiful for summer entertaining.
1. Unique DIY String Light Poles with Concrete Bases
Place wooden poles or branches in buckets of sand, clip or tie some market string lights / globe lights. You can also make a few permanent poles set in concrete to hang these outdoor lights.
2. Whimsical Garden with String Lights
A cozy outdoor area decorated with string lights and hanging bottles with tea lights for ambiance.
3. Garden Across the Wall
Create charing terrace by adding light in the form of garland or small light bulbs. Complete the light of your terrace with lanterns, candle holder or any other decorative element that allows you to put an extra point of light inside.
4. Tree Trunks Wrapped in String Lights
Wrap fairy lights around tree trunks to create a special seating area in your garden.
5. Magical Glowing Flower Garden Planters
Coat planters with glow-in-the-dark paint for instant night lighting.
6. Gorgeously Illuminated Cracked Log Lamps
Natural illuminated log pathway lights.
7. Hula Hoop Lights
Spray paint hula hoops black, string lights on them and hang them from the ceiling at different heights.
8. Mix up Lighting Sources
Enjoy your patio throughout the evening with proper lighting. String lights, hurricanes, and lanterns are musts!
9. Rope Light Gravel Pathway Illumination
Use rope light as pathway lights!
10. Fire Pit and Seating Area
DIY Outdoor fire pit with sweet ambiance effect!
11. Cozy Outdoor Fire Pit and String Lights
Add string lights throughout your yard or around a fire pit. They have an elegant and modern touch about them and can provide the light at night.
12. Pendant String made with Mason Jars
Simple and pretty solution with fairy lights join with mason jars.
13. Sparkling Fairy Lights and Lounge Chairs
14. Glowing Watering Can with Fairy Lights
How neat is this? It’s easy to make! Hanging watering can with lights that look like it is pouring water.
15. Falling String Lights
Try lighting the pass through areas between yards to add dimension to your outdoor space.
16. Outdoor Seating Under Tree String Lights
Highlight your garden’s assets with strung lighting.
17. Make the Most of Your Small Outdoor Space
Make the most of your small outdoor space.
18. Backyard Hanging Lights
Good DIY way to hang string lights on the back deck.
19. Cool Patio Area with Texas Lamp Posts
Add a patio with fun planter posts to a backyard area.