The bathroom is a multi-purpose space where you spend a large portion of your day. This is the room you use first thing in the morning and the last one before going to bed. For this reason, its design can have a big impact on your lifestyle and mood.
Luckily, upgrading your bathroom doesn’t necessarily require lengthy and expensive renovations, such as re-tiling or buying a new tub. Whether your bathroom design leans towards contemporary or traditional, there are a few simple ways to improve it without spending a fortune. Read on to discover three practical accessories to spruce up your bathroom!
Add Warmth and Style with Towel Rails
When talking about accessories, people rarely think of bathroom towel rails. After all, the main purpose of these items is to provide a place to hang your towels, which is how they are most well recognized. However, in today’s modern world, they have a much bigger role. Even though they’re traditionally thought of as boring utility objects, they may be just as attractive as they are useful.
What Makes the Towel Rails Great Bathroom Accessories?
Choose a modern towel rail from the wide range of options and give your bathroom an instant upgrade! These elegant and functional elements have a sturdy construction and come in a variety of different styles and finishes. Some of them even include a heating option, which allows you to cosy up in a warm towel after a bath. Here are 3 reasons why including a modern high-quality rail for your towels can improve your bathroom:
- They complement your bathroom’s style: Modern bathroom rails come in a variety of different designs and finishes that add to your bathroom’s aesthetic value. They’re available in sleek profiles and unconventional shapes, as well as timeless traditional designs.
- They allow for storage and display of towels: Bathroom storage issues make it difficult to store towels. Rails are a great way to make the most of your space while displaying and drying your towels at the same time.
- They improve your bathroom’s hygiene: Heated rails not only keep your towels toasty, but they also improve your hygiene. Keeping your towels dry at all times minimises the chances of a wet breeding ground for bacteria and mould.
How to Choose the Right Finish for Your Towel Rails?
When selecting your bathroom finishes, designers suggest picking the same finish for all of the elements, including tapware, showerheads, cabinet hardware, etc. However, you’re free to experiment with different designs to achieve a certain effect. For a contemporary bathroom, you might want a minimalistic matte black towel rail or a classic glossy chrome. On the other hand, a warm brass or gold finish works better for a more traditional bathroom.
Create a Rich Spa Feeling with Comfy Cotton Towels
Towels are excellent minor accents that upgrade your bathroom. Apart from their main function, which is to keep you dry, they are also a stylish addition that brings a lot of visual interest into your space. Consequently, it’s critical to pick the materials that will both speed up your drying process and enhance the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom. Natural-fibre towels, especially those made of 100% cotton, offer style and beauty to your bathroom, while also being friendly to your skin.
What Are the Benefits of 100% Cotton Towels?
Finding a useful bath towel in today’s market might be challenging. Bath towels are available in a vast array of materials, textures, weights, sizes, and colours. And you use these items daily. In this competition over which towel is superior, I suggest that you go for cotton. This wonderful material is inexpensive and easy to maintain. And if you discover a towel made entirely of cotton, all the better. Here are 5 benefits of 100% cotton towels:
- They’re free of chemicals.
- They’re breathable.
- They’re more absorbent.
- They’re soft to the skin and don’t cause irritations.
- They’re hypoallergenic.
Cotton towels come in a wide range of designs and colours that add a personal touch to your bathroom. Do one better and choose a brushed cotton towel. These have a fluffy textured surface that is much softer and more stylish than the ordinary bathroom towel.
Freshen It Up with Some Greenery
By adding a touch of greenery to the décor, you enhance your bathroom’s air quality and make it more inviting. The conventional bathroom is a warm and humid space that is ideal for most houseplants. Additionally, there is water constantly available to irrigate the plants.
However, you still need to make cautious selections because some plants may not thrive in those conditions, for instance:
- While the air in a bathroom is warm and humid when you’re taking a shower, it turns cooler and less humid when it’s not in use, especially at night. For many plants, these extreme temperature swings aren’t ideal.
- Not all plants thrive in high humidity; Succulents, for example, prefer drier environments and can rot if you keep them in a damp environment consistently.
- Many bathrooms get little natural light, and some even have no windows at all. If that’s the situation with your bathroom, don’t give up yet! Installing fluorescent bulbs gives your plants a lot of light that they can use.
What Are the Best Houseplants for a Bathroom?
Here are some plant suggestions that will thrive in typical bathroom conditions:
- Asparagus Fern: This plant enjoys the bathroom’s dampness. It performs well near a window in either moderate or strong light. It can reach a height of 0.5 metres and have branches that can spread out 1.5 metres laterally.
- Bamboo: Bamboo plants usually grow huge even when kept in pots, which means that they will need repotting every few years. Feed this plant once a week with a diluted fertiliser rich in nitrogen throughout the growing season.
- Begonia: These plants thrive in pots and appreciate the dampness and warmth of a bathroom shelf. Begonias prefer humid environments but avoid wet soil that might lead to root rot. Flowers-only begonias require a sunny area in the bathroom that offers some early morning sunshine.
- Cast-Iron Plant: Aspidistra elatior, sometimes known as the cast-iron plant because of how difficult it is to destroy, is a fantastic low-maintenance houseplant. This unique indoor plant, which is tropical and grows two to three feet tall, survives in nearly complete shadow.
- Chinese Evergreen: This is one of the most forgiving and adaptable plants. It flourishes even if you neglect to water and feed it. This plant enjoys humidity, but it also takes dry air as long as you keep it away from cold drafts, which can harm its leaves.